How to obtain a Tibet Visa?
Tibet visa is essential prior to enter the place for visit purpose. If you are planning to travel to Tibet, let us know! We will make all the necessary arrangements for your visa. We will apply for your visa through a valid visa application process and also apply for a travel permit. The visa regulation of Tibet is very strict and is subject to change anytime. If you are planning to travel to some restricted places in Tibet, a special travel permit is required.
What are the documents that should be submitted while lodging a visa application?
You will require a colorful copy of valid passport, few passport-sized photographs, and applicable visa fees. Make sure that your passport has at least 6 months’ validity at the time of lodging application. These documents should be submitted for Tibet visa application.
What are the alternative entry points to Tibet?
There are two alternative ways to enter into Tibet. You can enter into Tibet via airways or through roadways. You can catch a flight to Lhasa if you intend to take airways. If you are opting for an overland trip, you can enter into Lhasa via Sino Nepal border.
What are the visa fees to be paid for obtaining Tibet visa?
If you are curious about the visa fees, the following chart may help you estimate the visa fees.
|For Normal visa fee
|For semi urgent visa fee
|For very urgent visa fee
|For American nationals
|For other nationals
|For Nepalese Nationals
*Note – However, do not rely on this info totally. Take it only as a reference! The visa fees and visa regulations are subject to change as per the decision made by the respective authority.
Some info on Tibetan currency
- The currency of Tibet is Renminbi. It is also popular as Chinese Yuan (CNY).
- Generally, 1 Yuan = 10 Jiao
- The paper notes are denominated of RMB 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100
- Paper Jiao are found in denomination of 1,2 and 5
- Coins are denominated as 1, 2 and 5 fen coins
Some general information that you should know!
- You cannot travel in Lhasa alone. You will require a guide for your entire trip to Lhasa.
- If you have plans to travel outside Lhasa, you will require an additional permit.
- If you have plans to travel outside Lhasa, you need to pre-arrange private transport.
- You as a foreigner are not allowed to take public transport.
- A permit should be taken from Tibet Tourism board to board a train or plane in Tibetan land.
- Generally, it takes at least 14 days for arranging a Tibet via. Therefore, if you planning to travel through a travel agent, make sure that you contact them accordingly.
- Group visa is a different thing. It will not allow you to stay or travel after completion of the trip duration. If you plan to travel to China on your own, after accomplishing the tour to Tibet, apply for a 30 days’ individual visa to China. You can then travel to China on your own.