Be careful while choosing your travel partner! There are many travel operators operating in Nepal. Many of them are a legally registered entity. However, in past, we have received some complaints regarding fake tour operators who have deceived customers with either no service or service of very low quality. So, be rational choose a valid travel operator so that your travel gets hassle free.
You must be wondering how to distinguish between a legally registered and a fake travel agent. Here, we will tell you a way to distinguish between a valid and fake travel operator.
In Nepal, a valid travel agency or a tour operator must have the following documents:
- Company incorporation certificate from company Registrar office. It is essential under Companies Act Nepal
- Permission from Nepal Tourism Board
- License from Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN)
- Permission from Mountaineering Association of Nepal
- Tax clearance certificate
- PAN certificate
- Permission from Nepal Rastra Bank to transact in foreign currency
Go through these documents before booking a trip with any travel agency. Many of them have these documents published in their website. If you do not find these documents on website, contact your travel agent and ask them about these documents. Make sure that you choose a right tour operator as your travel partner.
Also, we advise you to choose those tour operators who fulfill their corporate responsibility and promote eco-tourism.