Mt. Annapurna is a chain of peaks that spread 55 km wide with the highest point Annapurna 1 – the world’s 10th highest summit that stands 8091m precise. The Annapurna massif is located in a spectacular setup, east of a great gorge cutting through the Himalayas by the Kali Gandaki River, separating it from the Dhaulagiri massif 34 km on the west.
Annapurna massif is located in Nepal’s largest and first conservation area known as Annapurna Conservation Area which is surrounded with vast land with lush greenery within 7,629 sq. km. Within the conservation area, the Annapurna massif is formed by series of four summits barricading the northern side of Pokhara valley in Nepal. The Annapurna Himal and the Lamjung Himal stretch from the Kali Gandaki in the west to the Marshyangdi in the east.
The mountain was pretty hidden from the outer world up till 1949, the first glimpse of Annapurna was viewed by the foreigner from an aircraft. A year after in 1950, French team measured the summit for the first time despite several difficulties, Annapurna became the first peak over 8000 meters to be explored till the summit. Since then the mountaineers around the world are attracted towards this beautiful mountain for various purposes – long and short trekking and also for climbing. It is very popular for world class trekking circuits and routes. There are several new routes discovered every year keeping the excitement to maximum level.
Home to numerous world favorite trekking trails, Annapurna expedition provides the supplementary values to the whole journey. The tiring expedition is filled with spectacular setting and humble human touch as you pass through numerous villages of Gurungs, Magars and other ethnic groups.
Including Gangapurna and Annapurna South, the Annapurna massif consists of four different summits among which Annapurna South is recognized as the most difficult one with some of the steepest terrains. Although the steeps are spectacular and alluring, the massive size is the main concern and dangerous for human survival. As the mountaineers say, ‘the top is the beauty but the ugly side is to climb back down, the steeps are riskier while descending.
And at Himalayas Hiking your safety is our top priority. We provide you the best mountaineering services that include the highly skilled climbing guides and training and support for mountaineering to gain experience.
Time and tide wait for no man. So does the mountains.
Detail ItineraryExpand all
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Domestic Flights: Kathmandu - Pokhara and Way back with Airport Tax.
- 65 KG of personal luggage.
- Member tents (one tent for one member), Dining tents, Toilet tent, Mattresses, Store tent, Dining table and chairs.
- Base Camp Staff’s equipment and allowances, Life, Medical & Helicopter rescue insurance, Salary.
- Garbage Management and charges.
- Government license holder experienced, All working team including Guide, Sherpa, Cook, Kitchen boy and necessary porters (trained in Wilderness First Aid & altitude sickness) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Emergency Oxygen – Mask and regulator
- Solar panel for light and for battery charge
- Twin sharing Teahouse Accommodation during the trekking and for climbing period camping.
- Daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Annapurna Peak Permit, Annapurna Conservation fee and TIMS Permit.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Ground transportation during the trek.
- Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes.
- Local Mobile Phone SIM Card.
- International Airfare/Airport tax/ Visa fee.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging, Alcoholic, hot shower.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter if required.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Tips for trekking Staffs, Climbing staffs and driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Price Includes section.
|Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
WOW! it has been an amazing experience with the team of Himalayas Hiking. Wonderful place, amazing vibes, amazing people with wonderful team. Kudos to the team Hiimalayas Hiking.