- Scenic flight above the Himalayas to Lhasa city
- Exploration of Lhasa city
- Visit places like Potala palace, Norbulingka palace, Sera monastery, Drepung monastery, Jokhang temple, Bakor street, etc.
- Drive along the scenic highway Shigatse – Zhangmu route. Enjoy the fascinating beauty of Tibetan terrain and mountain views.
- Cross kerung border to enter into Nepal and drive along the lush landscapes of Nepal
Set out for an exotic journey to the Place of Gods! Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour takes you to the city of Lhasa which is a city of wonders. As soon as you enter the city, the first thing that strikes your eyes is the grand palace of Potala. Potala palace is an artistic white and red washed palace placed on a hill top that dominates the skyline of entire Lhasa city. The vibes of this palace gives goosebumps and makes you feel like you have travelled away from home to some surreal destination. The city reflects the essence of Tibetan people, their culture and lifestyle. The Buddhism religion prevalent here is depicted in the streets, temple, monasteries and palaces of the city. Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour allows us to experience different aspect of Lhasa city. We can visit some important places like Jokhang temple, Bakor city, Norbulingka palace, Sera monastery, Drepung monastery, etc. when we are in Lhasa city.
What’s so promising about Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour?
The sightseeing tour in Lhasa is one of the best part of this tour. The authenticity of Buddhism is reflected all around the city. Also known as the place of gods, the city is crafted with many monasteries, temple and other religious sites. Even the palaces in the city gives us the vibes of Buddhism. The Himalayan scenery as we drive through some cities of Tibet to Nepal and the settlement areas along the Himalayan areas, the overland tour showers us with the amazing glory of Mother nature. All we can do is relish our eyes with those wonderful views of revitalize ourselves.
What are places that we visit in Lhasa?
- Potala palace – it is a grand palace of Dalai Lama placed on a hilltop that dominates the entire Lhasa city. It is probably the first thing that you will notice once you enter Lhasa. The palace is artistic and acts as a symbol of Lhasa’s religious and secular role
- Norbulingka palace –it is a summer palace of Dalai Lama. Built in a quiet place with beautiful garden, the palace depicts the history of Tibet and Dalai Lama. The rooms in the palace are still the same as they were when Dalai Lama left the territory in 1959.
- Sera and Drepung monastery – they are one of the most preserved monasteries in Tibet with white washed walls and golden roofs. There are many monks who stay here and study.
- Jokhang temple – a holy gompa built by King Songsten Ccampo in 647 AD. It has a sacred statue of Jowo Sakyamuni.
- Bakor street – the street encircles the Jokhang temple and is regarded as the oldest street of the Lhasa city.
Detail ItineraryExpand all
Our airport representative will be waiting for you outside the airport. Upon your arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in Kathmandu. Check in the hotel and relax. Rest of the time is on your own. Enjoy your time at the hotel. In the evening, your guide will meet you at the hotel and brief you about the plans ahead. Stay at the hotel for the night.
Your day starts with a breakfast at the hotel. Then your guide will pick you up and take you for sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Today, you will be taken to the UNESCO listed heritage sites in Kathmandu. At first, we shall visit Kathmandu Durbar Square. It is a beautiful palace in the center of Kathmandu. Built in medieval period during Malla reign, it is a huge complex that comprises of palace turned into museum, courtyards and temples. It is a fine piece of wooden crafts, metal crafts and stone crafts. After exploring this complex, we head towards Swayambhunath, a stupa placed in a hill top. The stupa is followed by a visit to an old temple of Lord Shiva – Pashupatinath temple. This temple holds high significance amongst Hindu pilgrims. Finally, the sightseeing tour ends with a visit to Boudhanath stupa, a large stupa placed upon three layered mandela. You will be dropped at the hotel for the night.
You will be escorted to Kathmandu airport to catch a scenic flight over the Himalayas to Lhasa. At Lhasa, our Chinese crew will pick you up and transfer to hotel in Lhasa.
You will be picked up from your hotel for a sightseeing tour around Lhasa city. Today, we visit places like Sera monastery, Norbulingka palace, Jokhang temple and Bakor Street. In the evening, you will be transferred back to your hotel. Tonight at Lhasa
It’s another day of sightseeing tour around Lhasa city. You will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the places like Potala palace and Depung monastery. You can enjoy your time exploring the beauty and glory of these places. In the evening, you will be transferred back to your hotel. Tonight at Lhasa
Today, we hop into a land cruiser and drive to Gyantse. We follow Tsangpo River and drive up to Khampa La. We cross the pass with outstanding views of Yamdrok Lake and Ningdzingzonka peak on sight. From the pass, we drive towards west to reach Gyantse. Here, we visit Pelkor monastery and drive to Shigatse. Tonight at Shigatse
Leaving Shigatse, we drive along the Friendship highway enjoying the stunning views of picturesque landscape. We pass village of Lhatse and drive towards Gyamtso La pass. After crossing the pass, we drive along flat plain and pass different monasteries and camp of yak herders to Shegar. Tonight at Shegar
Today, we cross two high passes namely Lalung La and Shung La. As we cross the pass, we will be showered with some astonishing views of Mt. Shishapangma, Mt. Cho-oyu, Menlungtse and Mt. Gaurishankar. Beholding the beauty of those mountains, we drive towards Zhangmu near Nepalese border. Tonight at Zhangmu.
Leaving Zhangmu, we drive towards the friendship bridge. We cross the bridge over the Bhotekoshi river that marks the boundary line of China Nepal border. After entering into Nepalese border, we bid goodbye to our Chinese crew members and join Nepalese crew. We finish all the immigration procedure and drive along the lush landscape along the Bhotekoshi river to Kathmandu. On the way to Kathmandu, we pass the bungee jumping spot at Bhotekoshi. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will be transferred to the hotel in Kathmandu. Tonight at Kathmandu
Finally, after a successful accomplishment of Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour, you will be driven to Tribhuwan International airport to catch a return flight back to your home destination.
- Airport pick up/ drop
- All ground transportations
- Accommodation in 3 stared hotel in Kathmandu inclusive of breakfast
- Accommodation in 2-star hotel in Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse in twin sharing basis. Accommodation in basic guesthouses in other places in Tibet on twin sharing basis.
- All the standard meals during your journey in Tibet
- Flight to Lhasa
- A professional guide approved by Tibet Tourism Bureau
- Tibet entry permit fees, Chinese visa and other entry fees
- Entry fees to heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Permit to Advanced Everest Base Camp.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal refreshment expenses like soft drinks, hard drinks, mineral bottled water, etc
- Personal Utility expenses like telephone, internet, laundry, etc
- Tips for support crew members
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees and travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipments
- Travel insurance
|Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
WOW! it has been an amazing experience with the team of Himalayas Hiking. Wonderful place, amazing vibes, amazing people with wonderful team. Kudos to the team Hiimalayas Hiking.