- Scenic flight to and from Lukla over the snow-clad Himalayan land.
- Breathtaking vistas of the four out of the eight world’s highest peaks; Mt. Everest (8,848m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Makalu (8,463m), and Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201m).
- Stunning views of surrounding peaks such as Mt. Nuptse (7,855m), Mt. Pumori (7,145m), Mt. Ama Dablam (6,856m), Mt. Thamserku (6,723m).
- Unique Sherpa Culture and tradition, warm hospitality of Sherpas.
- Climb up to Everest Base Camp (5,364m), Kala Patthar (5,545m), and Gokyo Ri (5,357m) via Cho La Pass (5,420m).
- A visit to cultural and historical sites in Kathmandu; Pashupatinath, Boudhanath.
- Peaceful Himalayan environment surrounded by mountainous views.
- Trails covered with rhododendron, pine and juniper forests, strings of prayer flags.
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is the most prodigious trekking option that cannot be matched by any other trekking routes against the brute beauty of pristine lakes and marvelous views of palatial mountains. Soaring image of the most celebrated mountains in the world, the club of greats above 8 thousand meters over the largest glacier Ngojumpa is the view to persevere in immortal memory. The club of mountains over 8000 meters around Gokyo consists of the Cho Yu, Lhotse, Makalu, and the greatest Everest.
Everest Gokyo lake trek is the perfect alternative trekking destination for the adventurers around the world seeking new challenges in the tranquil wombs of the mountains. The hikes through the rough routes avoiding much of the crowd from the regular trekking route, on high altitudes, over the ridges and passes provide the exhilarating charge in the deep bones of a splendid affair with the Himalayas. On top of these exciting ventures, a trek to the top of Gokyokang at 5360m rewards with the rare panoramic view of Mt. Cho Oyu 8154m, Mt. Makalu 8475m, Mt. Lhotse 8512m and the roof of the world standing as tall as 8848m Mt. Everest.
Highlights of the Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
To undertake the Everest Gokyo lake trek, you will first take the exciting adrenaline-charged flight to Lukla airport from the capital city. The actual trekking starts as you hike all the way alongside the Dudh Koshi River towards Phakding. Enjoy the smell of the fresh mountain air as you walk past high waterfalls, picturesque landscapes, and beautiful villages. You will get close insights about the lifestyle, culture, and harmony among the interesting communities residing and coexisting with nature in such a harsh environment. Namche Bazaar will welcome you with open arms before you continue heading towards Phortse village and then to Machhermo.and finally to Ngojumba glacier, Gokyo valley, and other milestone places before retracing back the same trail to take a flight back to Kathmandu.
Detail ItineraryExpand all
Welcome to Nepal. Our representative will receive you at the Tribhuwan International Airport and transfer you to your respective hotels.
An exciting to Lukla from Kathmandu with amazing views of the great mountain ranges will add icing on a cake. After landing, we will take a hike towards Phakding for overnight stay.
Our real trekking starts from Phakding. Early hiking alongside Dudh Koshi River, we enter the Sagarmatha National Park. We have to provide our documents and permits and after that continue on our journey. Soon we reach fantastic Namche Bazaar.
Today, our trek is comparatively tougher than the previous day with a steep ascend towards Kyangjuma village on the way to Dole village. We can enjoy extraordinary views of mountains ranges from here.
Today we start with steep ascend Lhabarma at 4220m then Luza at 4360m. We have to walk in a uniform pace and take time to rest to acclimatize our body with the increasing altitude. It is tough to walk on a high elevation, eventually, we reach Machherma.
We start early today. We hike towards Gokyo. It is an amazing trail as we climb over to Ngozumpa glacier. Spell bounding views in a surrounding and still, we continue on the main trail to reach Gokyo lake. We take an excursion around the lake. We stay overnight.
A much-needed rest day for our body to relax and acclimatize with the environment in Gokyo. We hike around Gokyo for an incredible view from the peaks. We descend back to Gokyo.
Today we take a giant leap towards the Gokyo Ri to at 5496m. We can enjoy the breathtaking views of waves of high peaks. Then we retrace to Gokyo. We further descend to Dole.
Further retrieving through the previously hiked trail in the opposite direction, we continue descending. We reach Lukla for overnight stay.
You will take an early flight to Kathmandu. Our representative will receive you and transfer you to the respective hotel. Take some rest and later in the evening, you can visit local areas.
Very good morning and a good breakfast. Our company’s representative will receive you for a drive to airport three hours prior to your scheduled flight back home. Have a safe and pleasant journey.
- Airport pick up/ drop
- Ground transportation during the trip
- Accommodation in a three-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in Tea house on stopping point during the trip
- Accommodation in tented camp where guesthouse/ Tea-house is not available
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Trekking permit if necessary
- Entry fee and permits to enter into national parks, heritage sites, and other places.
- A professional and English speaking guide
- A porter for two clients
- Trekking Map
- Insurance of support crew members and their other costs
- A first aid medical kit
- Local Mobile Phone SIM Card.
- International airfare tickets
- Travel Visa fee
- Personal refreshment expenses like soft drinks, hard drinks, mineral bottled water, etc
- Personal Utility expenses like telephone, internet, laundry, etc
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Tips for support crew members
- Others which are not included in cost inclusive section
|Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
WOW! it has been an amazing experience with the team of Himalayas Hiking. Wonderful place, amazing vibes, amazing people with wonderful team. Kudos to the team Hiimalayas Hiking.