- A unique ecosystem
- Cross the less crowded Passes - French and Dhampus passes
- Lifetime experience of walking on glaciers for chunk of time
- Feel the warmth of Nepali hospitality, cultural exchanges with local Thakalis
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek takes you to the base camp of world’s seventh highest peak Mt. Dhaulagiri standing at 8170m altitude located in Myagdi district at the Northwest of Pokhara and in the east you can see the Annapurna massif. The challenging circuit trekking includes crossing of the two high passes French pass (5240m) and Dhampus pass (5155m). This is perfectly blended with walking over the extreme snow and glaciers for few days which will surely entice the extreme adventure seekers around the world. Dhaulagiri region offers rare dramatic view of standoff between the ever imposing Annapurna massif and Mt. Dhaulagiri.
Dhaulagiri means ‘White Mountain’ in Sanskrit. It is very sacred for the locals whereas, one of the most exciting and pretty interesting peaks for travelers and mountaineers around the globe in terms of its unique ecosystem and features. And bonus features are the walk through the deepest gorge in the world – the Kaligandaki River gorge and the stunning views of the majestic mountains – Machhapuchhre, Nilgiri, Dhampus and Annapurna Massif and its minions. You will also get the first-hand pleasure of receiving warm welcome and hospitality from the ethnic locals –Gurung, Thakali and Magar etc. of this region.
Dhaulagiri circuit trek is very exhilarating and adventurous circuit trekking. You will take the off the beaten tracks into the exciting and adventure remote highlands, rugged terrain with amazing natural beauties. You will see there are very less crowd and most of the tracks are still fresh in their natural state. Still the most elusive trekking route, very few trekkers dare with high adrenaline and passion for adventures take this adventurous trek. This trekking is comparatively expensive for it is organized in camping style. It is one of the most rewarding and worthy trekking destinations.
Himalayas Hiking will make your journey to the foothills of the most beautiful mountain, Mt. Dhaulagiri a memorable one. Your journey kicks off with an exciting drive to Beni. You start the actual trekking the day after from Beni. First you pitch for the warm and vibrant villages of Darbang, Muri, and Chariban and later reach the Italian base camp and the mighty Dhaulagiri Base camp. On the route, you will pass the great mountain passes – the French pass and Dhampus pass. From here, you will take descent down to the Marpha and join the Annapurna Circuit route for the return route.
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek is highly recommended for the adventure seekers, the most cherished trekking trail will open the gateway to the heavens with sparkling stars above you.
Detail ItineraryExpand all
Welcome to the beautiful country. Transfer to the hotel and preparation for the trek.
Start the trekking from Beni heading alongside the Myagdi Khola pass Singa and Tatopani towards Babiachor village.
Trek through forests and cross some streams through Phedi and ascend through steeps to Muri village.
You will have to trek down for a while before crossing the fields and again ascend the ridge towards Boghara.
Field and forests will be the friends for this day as you descend through Lapche Kharka and finallly reach Dobang
Start the trek early to take a magnificent view around before taking off towards Glacier camp through passes and a gorge
Ascend two terraced hills and ascend the French Pass (5360 meters) and trek descend towards the Hidden valley.
- Airport pick up/ drop
- Ground transportation during the trip
- Accommodation in a three star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in Teahouses on stopping point during the trip
- Accommodation in tented camp where Teahouse not available
- Daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight including tax
- Trekking permit if necessary
- Entry fee and permits to enter into national parks, heritage sites, and other places.
- Government license holder experienced, Guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Trekking Map.
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu.
- A first-aid medical kit
- Local Mobile Phone SIM Card.
- International airfare tickets
- Travel Visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal refreshment expenses like soft drinks, hard drinks, mineral bottled water, etc
- Personal Utility expenses like telephone, internet, laundry, etc
- Tips for support crew members
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Others which are not included in cost inclusive section
|Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
WOW! it has been an amazing experience with the team of Himalayas Hiking. Wonderful place, amazing vibes, amazing people with wonderful team. Kudos to the team Hiimalayas Hiking.